This page logs our news. If you think something should be added here, contact us.
- October, 2009: Andreas Doering is now lecturer at Oxford University Computing Laboratory (OUCL), where last year also Jamie Vicary started his first postdoc, after finishing his thesis with Chris Isham at Imperial College. Hence CLP is now entirely based at the Quantum Group of OUCL.
- Tuesday, July 14th, 2009: 5th CLP workshop announced for August 6th, 2009, at Imperial College (see main page).
- Tuesday, November 18th, 2008: 4th CLP workshop announced for January 7th, 2009, at Imperial College (see main page).
- Thursday, July 31rst: Announcement of related event:
- Foundations of Quantum Science & Technology 2008, November 24-28, Institute for Mathematical Research (INSPEM), Universiti Putra Malaysia. Andreas and Bob will give courses on the use of category theory, in particular topos theory resp. monoidal categories, in the foundations of physics.
- Tuesday, July 24rd, announcement of date for next event: The third workshop will take place on Saturday and Sunday, August 23-24th, at Oxford University.
- Monday, May 19th, website addition:
- Monday, February 4rd, website addition:
- Sunday, February 3rd: Announcement of related events:
- Tuesday, January 22nd, announcement of date for the next event: The second workshop will take place on Wednesday, May 14th, at Imperial College.
- Monday, January 3rd: Announcement of related events:
- Friday and Saturday, December 21st and 22nd: Site received several updates, new pages and new features including the addition of google analytics to track hits.
- Friday, December 14th: The Janurary 9th event in London is being discussed at the n-Category Cafe.
- Wednesday, December 12th: We now have a facebook group dedicated to our workshops and events. The January 9th workshop is also listed as a facebook event.
- Tuesday, December 11th 2007: Andreas, Bob, Jake and Jamie set this page up during the second QNET Workshop, December 11th 2007, at The Royal Society in London.
- Monday, November 19th, announcement of the first Categories, Logic and Foundations of Physics workshop: The first workshop will take place on Wednesday, January 19th, at Imperial College.
- August 2007: Categorical Quantum Logic, August 11-12 2007, Oxford, attracted about 80 participants. The success of this event showed that an event series with a particular focus on category theory and logic in foundations of physics would be sustainable.
- July 2006: Cats, Kets and Cloisters, July 17-23 2006, Oxford, attracted about 120 participants. The success of this event pointed at a clear desire for a cross-disciplinary community addressing fundamental issues in physics by combing the know-how available in other disciplines, with a strong bias towards category theory, a family of structures which have been very prominent for a while now in computer science (e.g. topos theory and monoidal categories).